How loud is loud?
- The noise level that starts to have an effect on a person's sleep is 40dB.
- Loud snoring sounds can range from 50dB to 100dB - the equivalent to a jackhammer.
- The loudest snore ever recorded was measured to be 92dB. That’s slightly louder than a revved up food blender.
- Currently, about 90 million Americans suffer from snoring.
- 40% of men snore, whereas the number for women is 30%.
- If you snore, you can partly blame your parents. Snoring can be hereditary and in 70% of cases people who snore also have family members who do.
It's bad for your health.
- The 3 main reasons for snoring are: being overweight, smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Snorers are 3 times more likely to suffer adverse health conditions than non-snorers.
- The louder you snore, the more likely you are to be overweight.